SQL Server | Data Analyst | ETL
- 07 Feb 2020
- Federal Agency | Australian Citizenship Mandatory | Baseline Level
- 6 month initial Contract | Based in Braddon
- Small Business facing teams.
About the Agency
This is the Agency that keeps the ocean clean and safe.
The IT Project teams are small resource groups working closely with business teams, so ability to perform cohesively in this space is key. Candidates MUST have a genuine interest in working in this environment and be a good fit for a high performing team in a small organisation
About the role
The Department is seeking an experienced ETL (SSIS)/SQL Developer to develop and maintain programs that will be used to support the data migration component of a financial system project.
This role will be responsible for the data migration ETL and can include identifying data sources within the system, analysing, assessing data, ETL development and documenting source to target mappings.
Working with the software provider and the project team, the successful candidate will have a strong technical background and have the ability to build successful and open working relationships.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading the end to end data migration exercise and supporting the Project Manager to meet project timelines;
- Undertaking data migration activities including identification of data requirements, data analysis and cleansing, source to target
- datamapping and the development of data migration plan and SQL scrips for data validation;
- Collaboration and communication with third party vendors, analysts, application designers, project team members and business SMEs
- Tracking and management of data migration risks and issues.
What are we looking for in an Ideal candidate ?
As this role requires candidates to achieve baseline clearance, candidates will need to be Australian Citizens.
* Minimum of 5-7 years working as a Data Analyst/Developer with extensive data quality, data migration and data integration experience
* End to end data migration experience using SSIS & SQL Server Relational Database technologies
* Experience, including design, analysts, data extraction/cleansing and data quality assurance
* Demonstrated knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing and data enrichment techniques
* Demonstrated experience in technical writing, documenting guidelines and operational procedures including the ability to develop a data migration plan, schedule and test plans
* Experience with software vendor, Technology One's Business ETL tool
* Experience with Event Driven Architecture (EDA) or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA
* Demonstrated understanding of technical principles and the ability to assist with configuration of system interfaces using APIs
* Experience with data visualization and business intelligence software (e.g. Power BI)
Estimated start date
Location of work
Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract
Option to extend by 6 months
Must have current baseline clearance
If you are open to a new contract yourself, or may have someone in your network this would suit - please share, or respond by applying now or giving me a call