- 11 May 2022
- NSW Government
- Initial 12 Month Contract Engagement With Extension Options
- Parramatta Based with WFH Options once Set-up
The Successful Program Manager will be accountable for the achievement of program goals and the successful delivery of the output/products of the program.
Program Management experience is essential with demonstrated experience managing multiple Project Managers across a variety of projects is sought.
You will serve as the principal point of IT representation for the program and provide leadership, strategic guidance and support to Project Managers.
Other responsibilities will see you being a member of program governance and ensures that the program is delivered via disciplined approach and collaboration with the business, third party partners and internal IT /teams.
- Defining the program governance (controls)
- Overall program management throughout the program life cycle including:
- Planning the overall program and monitoring the progress
- Managing the program’s budget
- Managing risks, issues and escalations and taking corrective measures
- Coordinating the projects and their interdependencies
- Managing resource utilization across projects
- Managing stakeholders’ communication
- Aligning the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s “outcome”
- Managing procurement activities across projects
- Program status and financial reporting
- Ensuring relevant standards, process and regulations are upheld
- Understanding how different projects interlink and overlap
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent residency status essential
- Program Management experience at Enterprise scale is essential
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple Project Managers working across multiple projects is key
- Experience working independently with multiple stakeholders, including senior leadership to Director / C Level
- 5 years + experience in managing a wide range of information technology projects, telecommunication, infrastructure, network, software, decommissioning, cloud computing, managed service outsourcing and tendering.
- Ability to successfully prioritise, manage and deliver upon multiple streams of work
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining positive relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Highly developed leadership, motivation, problem solving and management skills
- You are self-motivated, decisive and can easily adapt to change and competing demands
- The ability to effectively collate, analyse and represent information received from varied sources
- Confidence leading a diverse team and project delivery resources
- Strong influencing & negotiating skills, including being able to deal with and manage conflict with different stakeholders, escalating where appropriate & required.
- High level of management skills including the ability to lead, plan and mentor to produce high standards of results on budget within tight timeframes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly relevant in translating technical information to non-technical peers and stakeholders
- Qualifications and experience in program and project management methodologies (Agile or PRINCE 2 etc)