It Security Specialist
- 06 Feb 2020
- 12 month initial contract Plus Extension
- Federal Agency - Citizens Required
- 3 years relevant experience sought
Independent Australian government body that acts as Australia's corporate regulator. ASIC's role is to enforce and regulate company and financial services laws to protect Australian consumers, investors and creditors
They are embarking on major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in several areas such as virtualisation, data analytics, mobility and cloud.
The IT Security team is responsible for protecting information and technology assets and environments, providing an IT security advisory service and managing a security framework which applications and systems are measured in terms of compliance against government requirements.
Whats in it for you ?
Long term contract
Gain Baseline clearance
High Quality environment
What is the role ?
•Addressing requests and incidents raised by IT Security customers
•Executing any IT Security related Commissioning or Decommission Tasks •Assisting in development of appropriate technical rules/policy for Whitelisting, Firewalls, Proxy, and other gateway devices
•Investigating and Management of Security Infrastructure issues including email, proxy and firewalls.
•Investigation and Management of IT Security Incidents
•Managing SSL Certificate, Proxy and other Whitelisting Requests •Assisting with design, implementation, upgrade and support of IT Security Infrastructure •Development of Documentation and Processes for managing IT Security Infrastructure
•Development of guidance and training advice fo ASIC users
•Responding to and resolving System alerts from IT Security Infrastructure •Managing Regular Health Checks of IT Security Infrastructure
•As part of the IT Security team, you will be contributing to Project tasks as required
•Provide IT security services that meet business and information protection needs, including ICT security program management, gateway security operations, cyber security and identity and access management operational support.
•Contribute to the reporting on IT security capability to the CIO, Commission and internal auditors.
What are we looking for in an ideal candidate ?
As well as Aussie citizenship candidates will need the following
- Demonstrated technical knowledge relating to: - Network perimeter security technologies (firewalls, IPS/IDS and web content filters) - Windows Host based security Technologies - System Hardening across Operating Systems and Applications - McAfee Endpoint Security including HIPS and AV - Other Security Technologies including SIEM, Web Proxies, Email Gateways etc
- 5 + years of experience in an information technology role, with experience in information security for at least 3 of those years.
Security Specialist ? Australian ? looking for a long term contract in Sydney CBD?
if that is a yes, yes, yea from you, then apply now and lets talk