Data Scientist | Customer Analytics | Fintech
- 15 May 2019
- Opportunity to build out a function not just a Job
- Hands on role | Blend of delivery and stakeholder liason
- Dynamic/Fast growth / Highly succesful Business
Design and implement new data science capabilities to deliver highly personalised experiences for customers in a multi-channel environment.
You will work closely with Product, Marketing, Tech & Data Science teams, providing thought leadership to bring the “art and science” together in an operational environment.
Mainly you will be someone that gets a big kick out of leveraging AI and Machine learning to drive business success & solve problems and a thirst to do that in a dynamic fast moving environment.
- Development of supervised and/or unsupervised machine learning algorithms that underpin a recommendation engine spanning inbound and outbound digital channels (including eDM, SMS, Native App, Web, Push).
- Embedding the technical processes to iteratively experiment with customer lifecycle journeys and marketing content that maximise customer engagement.
- Natural language processing (NLP) to improve the accuracy in categorising bank transactional data.
- Supporting the implementation of a recommendation engine by working closely with Product, Marketing & Tech teams to develop a pipeline that utilises real-time data to inform real-time decisions.
- Managing and mentoring other data scientists, with a focus to grow the customer data science capability.
- Working with the Head of Analytics & Data Science in the design of customer strategies, frameworks and architectures to personalise communications across the customer lifecycle.
- Furthermore, this is a unique opportunity for a hands-on Data Scientist who is not only looking to utilise their analytical skills, but also drive the end-to-end implementation of machine learning algorithms in an operational environment, ingesting data and scoring models in an open-source tech stack.
- Tertiary qualifications in a quantitative discipline (E.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Studies, Economics).
- 8+ years commercial analytics experience from a retail/consumer product environment with a strong presence in B2C digital channels.
- Experience in developing next-best-offer/next-best-action recommendation systems.
- Hands-on experience in modelling and the application statistical/machine leaning techniques (E.g. GLMs, XGBOOST, k-means clustering, neural networks, random forests etc.).
- Strong exposure to analytical scripting languages, in particular SQL, Python, and R.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Previous experience managing/mentoring junior technical staff.
- Post-graduate qualification/s (Masters or PhD).
- Exposure to Big Data platforms (E.g. AWS) and applications (E.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark).
- Understanding of experimental design practices with respect to marketing analytics.
This is a genuine opportunity to join a high growth business with no legacy tech, a commitment to developing a strong data science team, and giving them the environment, technology and capability to do the extraordinary.
If your are looking for an exceptional career move in Customer focussed Data Science - lets talk - apply online.