- 07 Oct 2021
- Initial 12 Month contract engagement with extension options
- Senior Level Actuary Position
- $650.00 - $800.00 inc super per day Dependant on experience
The existing division the successful candidate will be apart of provides information and advice on monitoring, financial sustainability and risks.
The division provides operational data, insights and analytics to all operational teams, driving service delivery performance and produce annual financial sustainability reports and quarterly actuarial reports including information and advice to the CEO and the board.
Scope of the role:
- Team Leadership with delegated authority and responsibility to resolve issues and risks across a range of activities.
- Provide leadership, control, planning, resource management, performance management and decision making for team membership within the position assigned work area.
- Provide detailed technical, professional, policy, operational support and advice in relation to complex problems.
- Considerable level of public contact in relation to complex, difficult or sensitive issues. It may liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders in a representational role on behalf of the division.
- Extracting, cleansing and preparing of data from multiple sources, in particular the data warehouse.
- Efficiently using relevant software including Microsoft Office and SAS.
- Updating and replication of regular performance monitoring.
- Utilising statistical and mathematical modelling techniques to undertake analytical work on a range of tasks, including actuarial monitoring and analyses, data tabulations, scheme projects and cost benefit analyses.
- Undertaking adhoc modelling requests and report production.
- Effectively communicating (verbally and in writing) the progress of work responsibilities and outcomes of work undertaken.
- Australian Citizen or Permanent residency status essential
- Minimum 3 years plus Actuary experience within a commercial environment
- Relevant qualifications in Actuarial studies, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Science or Quantitative Finance
- Strong Excel skills coupled with hands on SAS / SQL / R experience etc