User Researcher | Digital | Federal Government
- 28 Apr 2020
- Federal contract
- July 1 start
- Open to all Australian Citizens
About the Department
This Agency is an Executive Agency within the Social Services Portfolio. They exist to make it easy for people to deal with government, by helping government transform services to be simple, clear and fast
What is in it for you
- Get Sponsored for Baseline (Citizenship mandatory)
- Get July 1 Project sorted Now
- Long term work
About the role
User researchers at the DTA work closely with multidisciplinary teams and are responsible for helping teams to build an understanding of users needs, behaviours and motivations.
They take the lead on designing research plans, identifying suitable research methods and facilitating research with users. Following research they lead the whole team to analyse and synthesise, communicate findings to stakeholders and work with the team to create actionable insights to guide design.
The user researcher will have extensive experience working in Government and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard and the service design and delivery process.
The user researcher will work in a multidisciplinary team, with other designers, to influence good design outcomes. User researchers are responsible for helping teams to build an understanding of users needs, behaviours and motivations.
They take the lead on research plans, research methods and facilitating research with users. Following research they lead analysis and synthesis, to communicate findings to stakeholders to guide design outcomes.
What are we looking for in an Ideal candidate ?
As this role requires candidates to achieve baseline clearance, candidates will need to be Australian Citizens.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years experience in User Research
- Demonstrated experience in compelling written, visual and verbal communication of user research insights that effectively communicate to a wide audience
- Demonstrated experience with leading synthesis and sensemaking of qualitative research
- Demonstrated experience working within a user experience capability within Government
- Knowledge of the methodology used by the DTA, familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS.
- Have previous experience in SaFE
- Ability to work at pace in a collaborative environment as part of an multi-disciplined cross-agency team.
- Enthusiasm for user centred approach to design and delivery
- Promote a positive creative culture and help to build a strong user research reputation for DTA
Estimated start date
Location of work
Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract
6 month extension
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
If you are open to a new contract yourself, or may have someone in your network this would suit - please share, or respond directly by applying on line or calling me directly on 0410 337 357