Technical Security Policy SME
- 14 Mar 2019
- Federal Gig - Baseline Clearance required
- 12 month + 6
- Market Rates
Technical Security Policy Expert | Opportunity ID 2421
The ACSC is seeking a Technical Security Policy Expert to join their team. This work involves bridging the divides between Policy, Technology, Business Needs, Emerging Threats and Opportunities.
The successful candidate will have expert knowledge in technology, business and policy and outstanding communication, writing skills and a pragmatic, outcome-oriented approach.
The Technical Security Policy Expert will work with a small team of cyber security professionals as part of the Protect and Assure branch.
You will work in the Government Uplift team. The team is focused on the implementation of IT Security throughout government and works by helping agencies turn IT security policy and strategy into practical and effective controls, processes and technical implementations.
The role involves bridging the divides between Security Policy, Technology, Organisational Dynamics, Business Needs, Emerging Threats and Opportunities. The role requires a highly experienced resource with experience across different businesses, depth in cyber security and technical background. They will possess a pragmatic, outcomes-driven approach which focuses on helping the ACSC pursue realistic goals to achieve impact at scale.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate a minimum of 10 years experience in Cyber Security
- Demonstrated experience writing IT Security Policy
- Current or previous experience working in Technical IT discipline such as System Administration or Development
- Demonstrated experience working in industry and across public sector.
- Demonstrated ability to translate policy controls into technical mitigations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Information Security Manual and Protective Security Policy Framework Experience.
- Programming or Scripting Experience
- IRAP Accredited