Senior Solution Architect
- 20 Feb 2020
- 6 + 6 Month Contract | Sydney CBD
- Major Transformation
- All Australian Citizens Welcome to apply
About the Agency
This role will see you working at Australia's corporate regulator. Their role is to enforce and regulate company and financial services laws to protect Australian consumers, investors and creditors
They are undertaking major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in a number of areas such as virtualisation, mobility and cloud.
They make use of the latest technology with an increasing focus on data sharing and analytics
Whats in it for you?
- Long term Senior level work overseeing other architects
- Take ownership
- High profile Project
Whats the Job?
As a Senior Solution Architect, you will be required to:
- Develop proposals and business cases
- Take responsibility for Design and Architecture and adherence to ASIC wide Vision and Enterprise Architecture standards and blueprints
- Lead teams (designers, other architects and developers) towards achieving whole of ASIC outcomes
- Produce solution designs and associated functional specifications
- Provide leadership and guidance in the subject of Application Architecture and Integration (Services and API Management)
- Implement operational solutions based on the EA target reference architecture and IT's Technology Principles
- Scope and design the overarching solution design in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts, Project Managers and Enterprise Architects
- Liaise with customer facing groups as needed to understand client and customer needs in a rapidly evolving environment
- Make application design decisions that ensure effective, secure, scalable, convergent, flexible and manageable solutions of high standards
- Ensure that the IT solution will satisfy the business needs in a cost effective, resilient and operable fashion
- Ensure that chosen architectural solutions are scalable in order to satisfy a future demand for the enhanced / new service(s)
- Ensure that chosen architectural solutions are convergent in order to take advantage of internal and external needs along with a broad range of service needs
- Ensure the quality of technical solutions developed by other Solution Designers
- Determine resource and capacity requirements for the application solution
- Deal with deployment issues in a multi-tier architecture, for example, state management and transaction management
- Document deployment infrastructure
- Assist in the development and implementation of migration plans
- Follow mandatory and recommended practices of the reference architects when designing solutions.
- TOGAF certification desirable
- ArchiMate certification desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology
- Deep experience in a similar Senior Solution Architect role.
- Extensive experience in producing solution designs and associated functional specifications
- Extensive experience in implementing operational solutions based on the enterprise target reference architecture enterprise principles
- Proven experience in providing leadership and guidance across the domains of application architecture and integration (patterns, services and API management)
- Proven experience in one or more of the following: CRM, case management, workflow, portals / digital, Integration / middleware, reporting and data analytics
- Proven experience in and a detailed understanding of primary ASIC technology platforms: Microsoft .NET, CRM Dynamics, SharePoint, SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Neuron ESB / Mulesoft
- Knowledge of legacy ASIC technology platforms: Adabas / Natural Mainframe, Lotus Notes, Siebel, Oracle Service Bus
- Knowledge of other ASIC technology platforms: IBM Mainframe, Java, Siebel / Oracle fusion middleware
- Experience in developing and executing multi-cloud strategy (M365, Azure and AWS)
- Experience in Agile / Scrum methods and approaches.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills to establish and develop effective client relationships
- Works well with Enterprise Architecture, Design and Analysis, Service Delivery and Project teams
- Shows resilience, pursuing challenging situations with drive so as to achieve specified goals
- Problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills for investigating and resolving stakeholder, client or system concerns, and for improving work practices and processes
- Issue ownership through to resolution.
Australian citizenship is also required.
if this sounds like you and you are interested in this rile - please apply now online