Senior DevOps Engineer
- 14 Sep 2021
- NSW Government Department
- Daily Rate Contracting Engagement Initially until June 2022
- Immediate starts available
This role will be responsible for leading and developing the departments internal DevOps capability and support and work with commissioning and delivery teams for more challenging DevOps tasks.
The successful Senior DevOps Engineer will be passionate about DevOps practices, development productivity, automation and ensuring quality and continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide DevOps capability development and produce a roadmap to reach the proposed capability targets of the department.
- Automate and stabilize the environment deployments, CI / CD process and tools leveraging standard DevOps practices to support the wider team.
- Working with leading edge technologies like React / Redux, AWS, Mulesoft, SQL and NoSql databases for systems of engagement
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency essential
- Minimum 6 years software development and support experience coupled with 3 + years experience as a DevOps Engineer with strong knowledge on Cloud Hosting using AWS Cloud Infrastructure, design, implementation, maintenance and adoption of continuous integration / delivery using Bamboo and AWS.
- Experience handling and maintaining Production environments
- Understanding of Web and API development environments (Java and NodeJs)
- Solid cloud experience with AWS core services (IAM, VPC, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Route53, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Lambda, DynamoDB)
- Understanding of security principles and AWS best practices
- Good understanding of Infrastructure-as-a-code approach and exposure to AWS CloudFormation, Terraform
- Solid experiencing in building and maintaining Docker images
- Understanding of CI/CD tools such as Bamboo CI, AWS CodePipline, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy
- Experience with long term operation, monitoring and upgrade of enterprise software.
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Development Kit, Troposphere.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, networking and protocols
- DDoS mitigation techniques / IPS-IDS / Web Application Firewalls
- Solid coding/scripting skills (Java, Python, bash)
- Understanding of Web and API development
- Solid understanding of source code control, preferably with Git Disaster recovery design and implementation