Senior BA 23/3..2
- 17 Jan 2020
- 6 Month Initial - 24 month extensions
- API / Data Modelling exposure ideal
- Federal Agency | Citizenship Required
the Australian Government agency that administers intellectual property (IP) rights and legislation relating to patents, trade marks, designs and plant breeder's rights
To support IP Australia’s technology strategy and digital transformation the Senior Business Analyst will embrace modern agile design, analysis and delivery approaches to drive customer centric outcomes and business focussed solutions. Support the ongoing development of teams and individuals
Whats in it for you ?
Long term Federal Contract role
Project across Data (Architecture) Cloud and AI (all the Sexy stuff)
Agile | Devops Environment
Tasks will include:
- Engaging with business stakeholders to understand their needs and express these as user stories and requirements for delivery;
- Conducting research and in-depth analysis of existing business processes, data and products;
- Collaborating with delivery managers, architects, developers, database administrators, DevOps engineers, network engineers and testers to design and deliver solutions;
- Work in an agile way focussed on iterative value delivery using lean/DevOps approaches;
- Supporting the team’s delivery managers;
- Sprint planning with delivery teams;
- Sprint ceremonies and continuous improvement;
- Be part of a progressive and modern delivery team responsible for transforming IP Australia’s digital services and delivering innovative customer-centric solutions; In addition to these accountabilities and responsibilities you will:
- Contribute to agile/delivery/project management practices in IP Australia;
- Support the ongoing development of teams and individuals through mentoring and upskilling of junior team members.
What are we looking for in an Ideal Candidate ?
- Significant experience working as a Business Analyst in an agile framework, including developing detailed user stories and requirements;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, including working closely with business and customer representatives with the ability to translate between customer, business and technical teams;
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple disciplines in an agile delivery environment including product managers, architects, developers, database administrators, DevOps engineers and testers;
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to overcome problems to ensure successful implementation of projects and initiatives;
- Ability to make decisions that are based on professional judgement, evaluating risks and in the context of a complex and changing environment;
- Highly developed organisation skills including the ability to prioritise and collaborate across the organisation to achieve outcomes against challenging time frames.
- Experience mentoring and upskilling junior colleagues;
- Experience undertaking business analysis for APIs and/or integration systems;
- Experience with data architecture and/or data modelling;
- Ability to quickly learn and understand latest technology trends such has cloud-native technologies, containerisation and AI/machine-learning;
- Ability to quickly learn and understand a complex business domain. A resume must be provided for each candidate.
Where will the work take place?
Is security clearance required?
ENTRY ONLY Security clearance is required for this position.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in getting involved in - please get in touch by applying today online