Power BI Specialist | With Current Baseline clearance
- 11 Jul 2019
- 6 Month Federal Agency Contract | Active Baseline Required
- Project Oversight Dashboards
- Power Bi | SQL | Web Services
About the Department
This Regulator in the environment portfolio is focussed on measuring and reporting on carbon emissions and renewable energy targets.They are using an Agile framework to deliver IT products.
Executive dashboards are required to provide information on an as required basis to assist in the program of work oversight and management decision-making
Whats in it for you ?
6 month Day rate contract
Excellent work life balance
Chance to use R/Python
Whats the Gig ?
The dashboards and other reports will use Power BI server and present information from other systems such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Financial systems and SharePoint.
As a Power BI specialists working for the Digital Services Branch, duties may include:
• Undertake analysis, interpretation and manipulation of data.
• Under limited supervision, undertake analysis to produce data products, including reports and dashboards in line with the required standards. These duties may be more in line with deliverables as part of a scrum team:
• Develop and manage relationships with stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals.
• Work with independence, subject to limited direction against established priorities, practices, and methodologies to deliver quality outcomes.
• Implement work plans for the work area including setting tasks and priorities, managing workflow and allocating resources.
• Maintain professional knowledge and continue to develop knowledge and expertise in relation to professional skills and professional regulatory requirements.
• Contribute to the identification and implementation of business and systems improvement initiatives.
What are we looking for in an ideal candidate?
CURRENT BASELINE CLEARANCE ESSENTIAL
• Experience in analysis and manipulation of complex data from a range of structured and unstructured sources.
• Experience in the development of reports or dashboards in Power-BI, Tableau or similar.
• Experience or knowledge in data science practises and techniques, such as machine learning, data mining, text mining, descriptive analytics, data visualisation and automation.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with programming languages, preferably in a data science or analytics context. • Use of R or Python for data analysis
If you are a Baseline cleared Dat Viz specialist and keen to look at this role - please apply online for an immediate response.