ETL Specialist MS SSIS | Federal Agency
- 15 Apr 2019
- 6 month Initial Federal Government Project
- looking for 5 Years Experience Across SSIS
- Small IT Shop - Suit someone that enjoys smaller environments
seeking an experienced ETL (SSIS)/SQL Developer to develop and maintain programs that will be used to support a data migration project and will be responsible for the data migration ETL.
This can include identifying data sources within TechnologyOne, analysing, assessing data, ETL development, documenting source to target mappings.
You will report to the Project Manager and the successful candidate will work closely with the IT Project Manager, Data Migration Lead, Business Analyst, Architecture Team and Business to facilitate data migration success.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Designing, developing and maintaining new and existing ETL for a data migration project using the Microsoft SSIS and SQL Server Relational Database technologies;
- Support Data MIgration Lead and Project Manageer in meeting project timelines;
- Identify risks, issues in the data and escalate for review and corrective action where necessary;
- Undertake data analysis and migration activities;
- Undertake data analysis over various production-scale data sets to understand data/data structures;
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience working as a Technical/Systems/Data Analyst delivering multi-faceted artefacts for government programs and/or projects.
- Demonstrated ETL experience
- Demonstrated experience and skills in identifying 'as is' and 'to be' system and data requirements
- Demonstrated experience with strong communication skills, including prioritizing, problem-solving and interpersonal relationship building
- Strong engagement skills and ability to act as the technical SME while communicating with the project team, vendor, business and SME's to define the needs based on an understanding of business, information and technical constraints
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing, documenting guidelines and operational procedures
- Demonstrated ability to understand various data extracts, transform and join together for a successful data load as part of data migration
- Ability to use various methods to analyse and query data under limited direction
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience in the analysis, design, delivery and transition of solutions for Human Resource (HR) functions at Australian Federal Government organisations, which may include our legacy; PeopleOne HRP (TechnologyOne)
- Demonstrated understanding of technical principles and the ability to assist with configuration of system interfaces using API's.
- SSIS experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence contributions from stakeholders
- Well developed written & interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work within a small team & environment
- Ability to respect colleagues and work with a wide range of staff from diverse backgrounds
Any additional relevant information?
You will work closely with the Project Team and Business to understand the legacy and new technologies, business processes and support them through implementation.
n. The IT Project teams are small resource groups, so ability to work cohesively in this space is key.
What are the working arrangements? This role is full time (40 hours per week), working with the project team on site
Must be Australian Citizen
PLEASE NOTE: Permanent Resident status does not meet eligibility
Police Check may be requested if selected for interview
If this sounds like you and you are keen to start or continue your career in Federal Government - apply on line and lets work together to secure you this contract