Data Migration Lead | Hands on SSIS | Federal Agency
- 11 Jul 2019
- 12 + 12 Month contract
This Smaller Federal Agency, has a great mission (keeping the oceans clean and safe) and have a smaller technical team, which works together very collaboratively. Each Team member gets the opportunity to own their part of the project, which for you will be all about data migration
Whats in it for you ?
Make a Bigger Impact within a smaller agency
12 + 12 Months Contract
Complex Data Migration project.
What is the Job?
Working with the Software Provider and the Project Team, You will be responsible for leading the data migration exercise for the Project.
This will include (but is not limited to) identifying data sources within legacy and externally based system/s, analysing and assessing data, ETL development and documenting source to target mappings.
You will have a strong technical background and have the ability to build successful and open working relationships.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading the end to end Data Migration exercise and supporting the Project Manager to meet project timelines;
- Undertaking data migration activities including identification of data requirements, data analysis and cleansing, source to target data mapping, and the development of data migration plan and SQL scripts for data validation;
- Collaboration and communication with third party vendors, analysts, application designers, project team members and business SMEs; and
- Tracking and management of data migration risks and issues.
What are we looking for in an ideal candidate?
- Minimum of 5 years working as a Technical/Systems/Data Analyst with extensive data quality, data migration and data integration experience.
- End to end data migration experience including design, analysis, data extraction and cleansing and data quality assurance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques.
- Experience developing and maintaining SQL scripts for data validation.
- Demonstrated highly developed communication skills, including prioritising, problem-solving and interpersonal relationship building.
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing, documenting guidelines and operational procedures including the ability to develop a data migration plan, schedule and test plans
Experience with Event Driven Architecture (EDA) or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Demonstrated understanding of technical principles and the ability to assist with configuration of system interfaces using API's.
Certification in SSIS
Experience with data visualisation and business intelligence software (e.g. Power BI)