Cyber Security Privacy Consultant
- 04 Mar 2021
- NSW Government
- Initial three month contract with extension options
- Interviews commencing ASAP
The Department is going through a major overall of their Cyber Security posture across the whole of the Cyber Security Essential eight adversaries and as such, the successful applicant will conduct privacy impact assessments as per relevant State and Commonwealth Privacy legislation, and IPC and OAIC regulations and guidelines.
You will identify opportunities for process improvement and work with stakeholders to ensure adoption. The officer will also be responsible to advise management and members ICT workforce on privacy related issue.
Scope of role:
- Assist with the privacy assessment of ICT systems deployed in the department to provide recommendations and advice on privacy risks mitigation, and the robustness of security necessary to protect sensitive information.
- Align with a formal process known as the Privacy and Security Assurance Framework (PSAF) and will liaise with department customers and clients to provide risk-based recommendations on privacy aspects that ensure secure ICT solutions.
- This position reports to the Privacy Lead in ISS Team.
- Collaborate with a highly experienced team of cybersecurity experts with applications from a wide range of Clinical, Corporate, Analytics and ICT Infrastructure projects at all stages of development to include research, proof of concept, development and operational.
- Support transitioning from in-premises data centres to cloud solutions will be advantageous.
- Conduct PIA for ICT projects.
- Assist the Privacy Lead, where appropriate, in the development of procedures to determine privacy compliance and maturity levels.
- Support privacy and compliance with the departments Information Security Management System (ISMS) and ensure appropriate meetings are scheduled in a timely manner to facilitate ongoing compliance.
- Assist the ISS Team with mandatory reporting requirements for Government.
- Provide timely progress updates to Privacy Lead about PIAs conducted.
- Schedule meetings with stakeholders to enable timely engagement to enable privacy compliance for ICT projects.
- Assist with audits on cybersecurity privacy, quality assurance and compliance., were appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with relevant State and Commonwealth Privacy legislation, and IPC and OAIC regulations and guidelines, and department policies.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency essential
- Strong experience Conducting PIA for IT projects
- Experience assisting with audits on security privacy, quality assurance and compliance
- Experience developing procedures to determine privacy compliance and maturity levels